Ball’s wide mouth 24 ounce jars also know as Venti Mason Jars, or Pint & Half Jar, have been a favorite with preservers and mason jar fans. Their wide mouth and shoulder-free design makes them easy to fill, easy to empty, and safe for the freezer! In fact, it’s safe to say that these jars get turned over the most in our home. Sadly, Ball is discontinuing these, and boy will we miss them. We do still have them in stock, but we know they will go fast now that the word is out. So, we are giving away some below, and on Food in Jars!
This 24 ounce jar might be one of the most versatile jars we have. Here are our 7 favorite ways to use these jars.
- We’ve frozen lots of food in them, including soups.
- They are a perfect vessel for pickling asparagus.
- We’ve often topped them with our ReCAP lids for some creative uses.
- Perfect for storing tea concentrate in them, or drinking tea (and other beverages) from them when paired with an iLid and a straw.
- As a standard jar in our Mason Jar Meal Kits, we’ve packed lots of lunches in them.
- Our pantry items stay easily visible (and organized) when stored in these jars.
- Storing and freezing our Roasted Tomato Sauce.
Two lucky winners will receive one case of the 24 oz. jars and 2 wide mouth iLids. Enter our giveaway below. Since Marissa McClellan, from Food in Jars, loves these jars too, you can win a case of them and a $100 credit to Fillmore Container on her blog. Good Luck!