Can-It-Forward Day will take place on Friday, July 22nd. Now in its 6th year, Can-It-Forward Day was born from the desire to share – or pay forward – the joy and benefits of canning, bringing together canners, gardeners and food enthusiasts alike. Sounds pretty great to us!
Interested preservers can watch Canning demonstrations from popular canning bloggers including Marisa McClellan of Food in Jars, and Malia Karlinsky of Yesterday on Tuesday, as well as the Ball brand’s expert chefs will take place from 10:00AM – 3:30PM ET on the Ball Canning Facebook page via Facebook Live.
This year the event has a big focus on charity. Five small, local, non-profit organizations have been selected with the help of participating bloggers to benefit from the event. For every like, share, reaction and comment on the Can-It-Forward Day Facebook Live videos on July 22, Ball Canning will donate $1 to the following local charities:
- Southside Middle School Panther Pantry (Muncie, Indiana) selected by Jarden Home Brands
- The Food Trust (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) selected by Marisa McClellan, Food in Jars
- EnrichLA (Los Angeles, California) selected by Linda Ly, Garden Betty
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee (Nashville, Tennessee) selected by Angie Holden, The Country Chic Cottage
- Food Lifeline (Seattle, Washington) selected by Malia Karlinsky, Yesterday on Tuesday
If you want to participate Can-It-Forward Day here’s a few fun ideas on how to join in on the preserving fun!
- Enter your chance to win a $50 store credit to Fillmore Container (use Rafflecopter widget below).
- Post a picture of your preserved goods with #canitforward #fillmorejars.
- Pledge to can-it-forward by signing up via the pledge page and share with friends.
- Tune in on July 22nd to watch canning demonstrations via Facebook Live from 10:00AM – 3:30PM ET. Each hour, viewers will have the chance to win a giveaway prize! Be sure to share the videos with your friends!
- Engage with any of the Facebook Live recipe videos and Ball Canning will make a donation to charity.