Intelligent LIDS or iLIDS are a unique product that was invented by a Seattle woman who loves her mason jars, and like many of us, wanted a one-piece, non-rusting, reusable, non-leaking lid for everyday use.
Many of us use Mason jars beyond preserving…packing Mason jar meals, blending smoothies, making iced tea concentrate, fermenting, storing dry goods, replacing those awkward 2-piece lids on open preserves, storing and freezing leftovers, and the list goes on. While mason jars have always been practical and popular storage tools, these Intelligent LIDS make perfect partners. They provide practical, stylish, environmentally thoughtful, food storage for use at home, or on the go.
Top 10 Reasons iLIDS are so Intelligent
- They are one piece!
- Two styles are available Storage Lid & Drink Lid.
- Both styles come in regular mouth and wide mouth.
- They are dishwasher safe…big thumbs up for this one!
- They come in a rainbow of pretty colors! Get your favorite colors for fun. Organizational folks will rejoice as they knock themselves out color-coding the pantry, fridge, freezer, or whatever their heart desires, etc.
- A handy dandy gasket prevents leaking. Which means no more spilled soup in your lunch bag. Oh, and here’s a bonus – the gasket is removable for cleaning!
- The lids are designed to open easily, thanks to the attractive grippy swoosh design.
- They are made in the USA – Seattle to be exact.
- Intelligent Lids are made from food safe polypropylene #5 that is recycled and recyclable.
- They are BPA, BPS and Phthalate free.
A close cousin of the iLIDS…our beloved Flip Caps from the makers of ReCAP. From on-the-go meals to pantry storage to a multi-purpose shaker, the reCAP Flip is a BPA-free plastic cap that ‘flips’ to a large 2” opening. An optional accessory pack includes a counter ring to track contents, and two different sizes of screens to transform jars into shakers for parmesan cheese, hot pepper flakes, spices, flour, corn-starch and more.
We want to hear from you…how would you use these neat mason jar companions.