Top 10 Reasons iLIDS are Really Intelligent Lids

Intelligent LIDS or iLIDS are a unique product that was invented by a Seattle woman who loves her mason jars, and like many of us, wanted a one-piece, non-rusting, reusable, non-leaking lid for everyday use.

ILID Collage

Many of us use Mason jars beyond preserving…packing Mason jar meals, blending smoothies, making iced tea concentrate, fermenting, storing dry goods, replacing those awkward 2-piece lids on open preserves, storing and freezing leftovers, and the list goes on. While mason jars have always been practical and popular storage tools, these Intelligent LIDS make perfect partners. They provide practical, stylish, environmentally thoughtful, food storage for use at home, or on the go.

Top 10 Reasons iLIDS are so Intelligent

1. They are one piece!ILid Drink Lids
  2. Two styles are available Storage Lid & Drink Lid.
  3. Both styles come in regular mouth and wide mouth.
  4. They are dishwasher safe…big thumbs up for this one!
  5. They come in a rainbow of pretty colors! Get your favorite colors for fun. Organizational folks will rejoice as they knock themselves out color-coding the pantry, fridge, freezer, or whatever their heart desires, etc.
  6. A handy dandy gasket prevents leaking. Which means no more spilled soup in your lunch bag. Oh, and here’s a bonus – the gasket is removable for cleaning!
  7. The lids are designed to open easily, thanks to the attractive grippy swoosh design.
  8. They are made in the USA – Seattle to be exact.
  9. Intelligent Lids are made from food safe polypropylene #5 that is recycled and recyclable.
  10. They are BPA, BPS and Phthalate free.

Flip Cap

A close cousin of the iLIDS…our beloved Flip Caps from the makers of ReCAP. From on-the-go meals to pantry storage to a multi-purpose shaker, the reCAP Flip is a BPA-free plastic cap that ‘flips’ to a large 2” opening. An optional accessory pack includes a counter ring to track contents, and two different sizes of screens to transform jars into shakers for parmesan cheese, hot pepper flakes, spices, flour, corn-starch and more.
FlipCap Collage

We want to hear from you…how would you use these neat mason jar companions.

10 Comments

1. Vicky
    Posted February 11, 2016 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

This would be great for my Mason jars candles! I love these, are they available now?

• Posted February 11, 2016 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

Yes, Vicky, they are available now. You can click on the live links in the post and they will take you to them.

2. Posted February 11, 2016 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Just wondering if these lids can be sealed like the two piece ones? I make tons of jelly and jams each year and would love to add this splash of color if they will seal. Thanks,
    Sherykl

• Posted February 11, 2016 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

Hello Sheryl, These are not for canning. They make great replacement lids after you break open your jar of preserves.

3. Laura Ouellette
    Posted February 20, 2016 at 7:27 pm | Permalink

I enjoy canning and actually call it my Christmas shopping when I am doing it in hot Maine summers. I haven’t won much in my life, but thought why not enter. Someone has to win and why not try me to win. Thank you, Laura

4. Posted February 26, 2016 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

I use a grease pencil to write on the lid for temporary labels. It rubs off when I want it to but doesn’t rub off easily enough to be annoying and works great to keep things organized.

• Posted February 26, 2016 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

Yes! We set a couple of those our for gatherings so our guests can write their names on their mason jars for drinks. I used to spend a lot of time doing tags, but then figured out that the kids really enjoyed writing their names.

5. Joyce Fleming
    Posted April 18, 2017 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

I would use these lids for a variety of things but one thing for sure I would use the lids with the screens in them for my dehydrated fruits and veggies that I grind into a powder.

6. Rachel
    Posted August 30, 2017 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

What are these made out of?