New Ball Heritage Collection Green Jars – Pint and Quart

Big News from Ball!

We’ve been anxiously waiting to hear what type of jar Ball would add to it’s Heritage Collection. The wait is over. Ball has announced it is adding these lovely GREEN regular mouth pint jars and wide mouth quart jars to its Heritage Collection. The jars are packaged as a set of 6, with bands and lids, and will be available this spring!

The limited edition Ball Heritage Collection green jars will be available for purchase from Fillmore Container in March. Once available we will post about it here, on Facebook and Twitter. Keeping an eye out for pre-ordering details. Leave a comment below and let us know what you think about the new green jars.

Ball Regular Heritage Quart

Green Pint - Ball Heritage Collection

Heritage Collection 2014 – Pint Jar

This lovely vintage Mason jar collection was created last year to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the first true Perfect Mason pint jar. Now is your last chance to buy the  first jar in the collection – the BLUE Heritage Collection pint jar. Ball is discontinuing the blue jars. Hurry, and place your order now.

Ball Heritage Collection Green Quart Angle

Heritage Collection 2014 – Quart Jar

ritage Collection Mason Jars

Ball Heritage Collection Mason Jars 2013 – Blue Pint

27 Comments

1. Kat K.
    Posted January 22, 2014 at 7:45 am | Permalink

Beautiful color!

2. Marylou
    Posted January 22, 2014 at 11:00 am | Permalink

When will you get Blue heritage mason jars I quart size

• fcadmin
      Posted January 22, 2014 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

Hi Marylou,

The Green pints and quarts are the newest addition to Ball’s Heritage Collection. For now, we don’t know when, or if Ball will add a Blue quart jar. Although, we certainly hope they do. Stay tuned!

3. Trisha
    Posted January 22, 2014 at 11:16 am | Permalink

Oh my gosh! I can’t wait to get a few dozen of the green canning jars! They will look good in my kitchen — colors are green/red!

4. Fernanda
    Posted January 27, 2014 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous! I cannot wait to see the plastic mason jar ! Please!

5. Debra Shearer
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 12:00 am | Permalink

This will be great to put summer time flowers in. Beautiful!

6. Barbara
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 12:13 am | Permalink

Look like fun.

7. Posted January 29, 2014 at 12:20 am | Permalink

I LOVE the green jars. Will use it for summer drinks and lots of pickles and green beans.

8. Debra Lee
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 12:57 am | Permalink

I love these more than the blue!

9. Nancy A.
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 5:47 am | Permalink

I have the blue jars and can’t wait for the green ones! I use jars every day and they are so much better than plastic in the fridge or cupboard.

10. Sandy Rose
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 6:24 am | Permalink

Please please! I need these! I bought six blue ones last year and need these to go with them to can my pickles:) thanks!

11. Kate
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 6:56 am | Permalink

Beautiful! I will use them to can some pickles.g55v

12. Donna Daley
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 7:04 am | Permalink

So excited about the new green jars. I am a 4-H leader who teaches canning to kids from 9 to ????, (their parents come to learn too). These are perfect for the 4-H green, we will be using these to can, drink out of, make flower vases, use for candles, and any think else we can think up. I am sure you will be seeing these at our county and state fair in the craft dept. Can hardly wait to get my hands on them. In fact practicing with my plain jars right now.

• Posted March 10, 2014 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Donna–

I am a 4-H leader, too, and am teaching my first set of canning classes to one of my 4-Hers and her mother this year. I would really like to get in touch with you to compare notes and lesson plans. You can contact me through the “club” page of our (sadly outdated) website.

And, I agree, the new green jars would be most perfect for a 4-H canning project!

Toni

• Posted March 10, 2014 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

I thought our website would show up in my first reply. Our club is the Winfield Scotts 4-H Club in Putnam County, WV.

13. Billie Jean Miles
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 9:10 am | Permalink

I think I would use these as drinking jars! How pretty they would be with lemonade ☀️

14. Arlene Johnson
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 9:39 am | Permalink

I can garden vegetables and organic fruit for 14 grandchildren. I would love to have these ornamental jars for vegetable stews. This will be a good way to introduce new “magic” vegetables such as orange, yellow and green squash, peppers and okra that would “change” color when served. Thank you for the opportunity!

15. Posted January 29, 2014 at 11:26 am | Permalink

I would use the new green pint Mason jars to can green beans and pickle berets from our large garden so my family and I could have fresh veggies next winter.

16. Posted January 29, 2014 at 11:28 am | Permalink

I would use the new green pint Mason jars to can green beans and pickle beets from our large garden so my family and I could have fresh veggies next winter.

17. Elizabeth Bozonie
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Being a city girl, I’m teaching myself how to get back to the basics.
    Gardening and canning is part of our traditional heritage and an expression of loving
    our bodies and to those whom we share our labor of love.

The New Ball Heritage Collection Green Jars will be part of our family generations
    reclaiming the knowledge & skills my Husband’s Grandmother used to know.

18. margaret ardoin
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

love the color! I would can in these. Drink tea from them. Fill them with candy for Easter and Christmas.

19. Pat Dobbs
    Posted January 29, 2014 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

My grandmother canned. When I was 4-5 years old she had me help wash last years jars as my “hands are small enough to clean inside” the jars. I wasn’t too happy about it but now realize I was part of the team who canned blackberries, peaches, and many vegetables for next winter’s eating. Good memories of times past.

20. Debbie Wait
    Posted January 31, 2014 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

I cannot wait to see these gorgeous new jars. Love the vintage color. Will be fun to preserve in these!

21. Jo'Ann Godshall
    Posted February 25, 2014 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

Green is our favorite color! Can’t wait to order them!

22. enchantedbyvintage
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 12:08 am | Permalink

Does Ball have any plans to launch a pint or quart jar is a dark pink hue? I’ve seen a few manufactured by Jardin, (Jarden), which I’m told is manufactured by Ball also, or a division of Ball called “Fresh Preserve?’

Any hints or leads would be quite helpful! I already have several cases of the blue pint, green quart, purple pint and would be thrilled to acquire or come across jars in the lovely dark pink hue.

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration & keep up the beautiful work!

• fcadmin
      Posted March 18, 2014 at 9:06 am | Permalink

Glad you are becoming a collector of Ball’s Heritage Collection. We hear the next jar may be an Amber (brown) color. But we don’t have an official word on this. Once we do, we will be sure to announce it here, on Facebook & Twitter.

Thanks!