It’s PA Farm Show time! This is our first year at the Farm Show, and we have so many great things planned for the show. We hope you’ll stop by our Preservation Station, which is located on the Main Floor at the PA Farm Show Complex & Expo Center in Harrisburg, PA.
You’ll find us in the Family Living area of the Main Floor. We are right beside the Best of Show and canned goods. Here’s the PA Farm Show map.
The PA Farm Show runs January 4-11, 2014. On Saturday (Jan. 4) we will be pickling a few things. Thanks to all your great pickling ideas on Facebook. On Sunday (Jan. 5) we will prepare something sweeter, maybe a citrus marmalade, or peach jam.
On Monday & Tuesday (Jan. 6 & 7) Marisa McClellan, author of Food in Jars, will join us for preservation demos of pear vanilla jam and pickled cauliflower. Stop by around 10am and 4pm for her demos. She’ll also be demonstrating the Art of Preserving on the Good Foods Stage at 1pm on both Monday and Tuesday. In between her demos, Marisa will be selling & signing her book, talking about her NEW book and answering preservation questions.
Throughout the show we have a different giveaway planned for each day and we will continue to preserve lots of yummy things including, strawberry vanilla jam, crockpot apple butter, chutney and pickles.
Our feature prize is the Canner’s Treasure Chest. We are giving away two of these prizes – one at the Farm Show and one here on our blog. If you are coming to the show, you can enter at our exhibit booth. If you aren’t able to attend the show, you still have a chance to win this prize. Just use the widget below to enter. The giveaway will run from January 4-11.
- Waterbath Canner (with rack)
- 6-Piece Canning Set
- Blue Ribbon Country Canning
- The Joy of Pickling
- The Joy of Jams, Jellies & Other Sweet Preserves
- Food in Jars
- Jan. 5 – win a case of Ball Vintage Style Blue Pint Jars
- Jan. 6 – win the Food in Jars book from Marisa McClellan
- Jan. 7 – win the Food in Jars book from Marisa McClellan
- Jan. 8 – win the Blue Ribbon Country Canning Book
- Jan. 9 – win a Cherry Pitter on a Ball Vintage Style Blue Pint Jar
- Jan. 10 – win a pair of Stainless Steel Canning Funnels (1 wide mouth and 1 regular mouth).
- Jan. 11 – winner of the Canner’s Treasure Chest will be selected
The giveaway prizes listed above will be available for entry on the listed day. A winner will be pulled and announced at the end of each day. The Canner’s Treasure Chest will run throughout the entire Farm Show (Jan 4-11) and a winner will be selected at the end of the show.
a Rafflecopter giveaway