It is almost time for the Pennsylvania Farm Show! We hope you’ll join us at our Preservation Station on the Main Floor in the Family Living area at the PA Farm Show Complex & Expo Center in Harrisburg, PA January 4-11, 2014.
We have so many great things planned for the show! On January 6 & 7 Marisa McClellan, author of Food in Jars, will offer preservation demos of pear vanilla jam and pickled cauliflower. Marisa will be selling & signing her book and answering preservation questions.
In addition to Marisa’s demos, we will also be making citrus marmalade, peach jam, strawberry vanilla jam, crockpot apple butter, chutney and pickles at the PA Farm Show.
We’ve put together some really great items to giveaway at the Farm Show and on our blog!
Our feature prize is the Canner’s Treasure Chest. We are giving two of these prizes away – one at the Farm Show and one here on our blog. The giveaway will run from January 4-11. The Canner’s Treasure Chest includes:
- Waterbath Canner (with rack)
- 6-Piece Canning Set
- Blue Ribbon Country Canning
- The Joy of Pickling
- The Joy of Jams, Jellies & Other Sweet Preserves
- Food in Jars
- Jan. 5 – win a case of Ball Vintage Style Blue Pint Jars
- Jan. 6 – enter your chance to win the Canner’s Treasure Chest
- Jan. 7 – enter your chance to win the Canner’s Treasure Chest
- Jan. 8 – win the Blue Ribbon Country Canning Book
- Jan. 9 – win a Cherry Pitter on a Ball Vintage Style Blue Pint Jar
- Jan. 10 – win a pair of Stainless Steel Canning Funnels (1 wide mouth and 1 regular mouth).
The giveaway prizes listed above will be available for entry on the listed day. A winner will be pulled and announced at the end of each day. The Canner’s Treasure Chest will run throughout the entire Farm Show (Jan 4-11) and a winner will be selected at the end of the show.
Check our Facebook page throughout the Farm Show for more details.